Live Chat Software

Site Information

 Loading... Please wait...
Your Home For Bed, Bath, and Curtains
Toll Free: 800-292-7215 (Mon-Fri 9am-6pm EST)
Enter Coupon Code SAVETODAY at Checkout to get an Extra 10% Off our already low prices.
see details


Café Curtain- A short curtain or tier. They can be set at a variety of heights to control ventilation, view, and light.

Center Draw - One pair of draperies which draws open and closes exactly at a window’s center point.

Door Panel - A curtain panel with two rod pockets, one top and one bottom. Made to cover glass on door.

Insert Valance - Manufactured to fit between the pieces of a swag as an “insert” to cover a wider window; can also be used alone.

Rod Pocket Curtain Panel - A curtain hung on a rod through a pocket that is sewn directly into the top of the curtain. Rarely opened and close as it is difficult for it to "slide" if the rod is the same size as the pocket and is snug.

Pinch Pleated Curtains - Identified by the pleated fabric at the top of the curtain (there is no rod pocket). Also called draperies, they are attached to a traverse rod or pole rod with rings by using drapery hooks or clips.

Ruffled Curtains (also called Cape Cods or Priscillas) - A New England tradition originally found in the kitchen and now found throughout the home. This classic ruffle can be found on two or three edges of the curtain. Most often used with matching valance and tiebacks.

Scalloped Valance - A top treatment featuring a semi-circular bottom.

Scarf Valance - A top treatment that can be draped over swag holders, hold-backs, or over the length of the rod, or threaded through sconces.

Tab Top Curtains - Known by the tabs sewn directly to the top edge of the curtain. Tabs look best when used with a wood or decorator rod since the rod will be exposed through the tabs. Rod should be mounted high enough so the window or glass is not visible above the top edge of the curtain.

Tiers - Also called privacy tiers or cafés, these curtains typically hang by a tension or café rod at the midway point of the window and cover only the lower half of the window.

Valance - A top treatment made in many shapes and styles. Most are used over curtains or tiers on a rod of their own. Sometimes the valance is used alone on a door or on a small window. Valances are described by their shape or function such as tailored, ruffled, insert.